5000 Hours of Play
In 2019, Jump Up Outdoors aims to get Brisbane kids playing outside for a total of 5000 hours. That’s 5000 hours not on electronic devices…5000 hours of fun…5000 hours of healthy development. C’mon kids, let’s Jump Up & get outdoors!
Jump Up Outdoors hours of play so far :
Can’t come to us? No worries…we can come to you
We tailor our programs to suit your service/centre
We may not be at Jump Up headquarters, but the philosophy stays the same:
1. Children need unstructured play to develop physically, socially and emotionally
2. Children thrive in natural environments
We load up the van with natural and upcycled loose materials and use them to create enticing play spaces in whatever space you have
The perfect incursion for a wide range of special event days, including Under 8’s day, Outdoor Classroom day and International Mud day
Suited to most settings, including:
- Outside School Hours and vacation care settings
- Primary School
- Childcare centres
- Youth organisations
- Council and State government parks and facilities.
Things children get up to at a Jump Up event:
- Creating a rocky landscape for plastic animals
- Building a dam
- Making magic wands and potions from a collection of natural items
- Squishing about in mud
- Constructing a cardboard den
- Designing a pully with ropes and baskets
- Cooking by a campfire or with a solar over
- And much much more.
Jump Up programs encourage children to:
- Be playful and fun
- Consider others and show empathy
- Think outside the box
- Solve their own problems
- Discover, practice and master new skills
- Create, innovate and be flexible
- Communicate and negotiate
- Stick with something until it’s finished
- Regulate their emotions
- Imagine and dream.
When children can do these things, they are also really good learners!