We understand that the privacy of your personal details, and the security of your transactions with us, is of paramount importance to you. Brewhaha Trust (ABN 99 119 756 307) trading as Jump Up For Kids has therefore adopted data protection policies with respect to your privacy and security.
To ensure that we meet and maintain our Privacy standards, we have appointed a privacy officer. Should you wish to contact us in relation to Privacy, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other website which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ or clients’ level of compliance with our code.
What Information Do We Collect?
Jump Up For Kids collects different information about you (and your child) at different times. There are three broad categories of information that we collect:
Information we require to supply our services.
- When you first register for our services, or as a parent or guardian of a child, or contact Jump Up For Kids for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your (and the child’s) name, address, telephone number, email details of your primary and secondary contacts and credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also ask for your (and the child’s) age, gender and health information that is necessary to provide our service to you (or the child to whom the services are to be provided to).
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
Non-personally identifying information.
- In addition to holding the types of information specified in (i) above, Jump Up For Kids operates statistical data-gathering software on its website, collecting information about the number of visitors coming to the site. This software collects no identifying information. The software records the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our websites are most popular.
Other demographic information.
- If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Jump Up For Kids’ services.
How Do We Use Personal Information We Have Collected?
We collect and use your personal information to operate our website and deliver our services to you (or the child to whom the services are provided to). We will use your or the child’s personal information to provide you with:
- Individualised therapy service;
- Contact you in relation to your (or the child’s) use of our services;
- Notify you of any special offers we may offer from time to time;
- Provide you with newsletters from us;
- Request you to fill out a survey or feedback form;
- Conduct individual service audits;
- Identify the source of new customers or clients to Jump Up For Kids;
- Monitor and address complaints, other feedback and to resolve disputes;
- In the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
- In the case of Australian Business Numbers (“ABNs”), to verify your identity;
- Maintain a technical and account history of your (or the child’s) dealings with us, and to re-establish your account in relation to future dealings;
You may stop the delivery of future promotional emails from Jump Up For Kids by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
We may give extracts of our customer and client lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do any of the things listed in (c) above on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. Jump Up For Kids does not rent or lease its customer or client lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are employed by, contracted to, or supply services to, Jump Up For Kids) any personal information relating to yourself or the child that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
We will disclose your (or the child’s) personal information, without notice or your consent, only if:
- It is reasonably necessary about the administration of first aid and medical treatment;
- We are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or website;
- To protect and defend the rights of Jump Up For Kids;
- If we consider it necessary to do so to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- If we sell our business or part of it; and
- In extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Jump Up For Kids, its website, our staff or the public.
Jump Up For Kids has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. We maintain our services in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information to perform their job function are authorized to access the database. Constant changes to the internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorized intruders.
If you do not wish to provide your credit card details over the internet when registering for Jump Up For Kids, you may contact Jump Up For Kids for alternative methods of payment.
Other Disclosure By You
How To Access and Correct Your Personal Information
If you contact Jump Up For Kids by telephone, you will need to answer a few security questions to properly establish your identity before any personal information relating to you or the child is revealed or amended.
Jump Up For Kids does not knowingly collect, use or market any information to children without seeking parental or a guardian’s consent. We also urge you to familiarize yourself with your legal responsibilities about children and the internet.
Individuals contact Jump Up For Kids using the details below if they want to access, correct or delete Personal Information or lodge a complaint. Privacy Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Provider reserves the right to refuse access or correction where there are reasonable grounds for doing so, for example if providing access would be unlawful or would compromise the privacy of another person.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our privacy procedures, please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.